Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Surprise! More house pictures!

If you're reading this then it can only mean three things: 1) You're back hoping for more unfreakingbelievable photos of the house; or 2) You're back hoping to finally read content that has absolutely nothing to do with the house (sorry); or 3) You're here by absolute accident in which case Hello! (and probably) Goodbye!

Regardless of why you're here, it's nothing but pictures today - we'll be back to our regular programming soon-ish.  At least by late winter. So sit tight folks, it'll be a lot of slideshows for a while.  


One side of house almost completely sided.  The color we chose from the whopping 15 or 20 color options was "burnished slate," a grayish/brownish muted color that seemed the least offensive against the forest.  As you can see, she's still a metal building, even though we're trying to dress her up a little. 


The very first of my salvaged pieces being installed.  That's an old 1930's door off a Blanco farmhouse.  Original hinges and everything.  Brings a tear to my eye.  (You think I'm kidding?!)  These doors have been sitting in piles for a few years so it's exciting to see that they clean up nice and are functional still.  And, in my humble opinion, a lot more interesting than anything for sale at Home Depot. 


Just a shot of the living quarters since most photos to date have been the open living/kitchen spot.  That hallway leads to.......


Laundry/mudroom!  This is the exterior shot of the door you see from the inside (in the photo above). 


Oh, hello there!  That's how she looks if you happen to be standing in one of the dry creek beds that cuts through the forest. 


Front porch at sunset.  There are donkeys in that pasture eyeing my granola bar. 


Sunset from kitchen window.

I just like this picture.  I don't know why.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely here for reason #1. Thanks so much for posting more pictures! I think the colour you picked for the siding works great with the surrounding environment. So excited for you guys - when is move-in day scheduled for btw?

Jamie said...

I've been stopping by for a few months now and I'm thrilled you have the house underway! Great color choice for the siding. Before I read your reason for choosing it, my thought was that it blended nicely with the trees. Good luck!

Jesse said...

YAY!!!! Will it be ready for me to make our Thanksgiving pies there?

Brett said...

I'm just amazed at all that space, and the amount of windows...to clean! I REALLY like the front door, from what I can tell it will really fit in nice!

Congrats!

Megan Kuhlenschmidt said...

WOW! I love all the windows and the reclaimed door - very cool. Thanks for the moments of vicarious living :)