Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Man Week - Part II

Off to an early, wet start. The ground was still pretty soft from the rain on Saturday, so we had to park the RV on the gravel easement (that's right, I have the RV again). As for the early part, yesterday I woke up at about 5:30am and was not able to go back to sleep. So, I went ahead and got up and made a nice breakfast. I was on the tractor by 7:00am watching the sun rise. This isn't something I'd want to do frequently, but it was nice getting started that early. Needless to say, I had gotten a decent amount done by noon. It was around lunch that Dewayne called. Previously, he had asked if I would bring my tractor over and dig out his fire pit with my backhoe. So, I headed over there. That was my first tractor ride on a real road. I'm not going to lie, I felt pretty cool cruising down the road at max speed (about 10mph), flashers on, and wind whipping through my hair (if I had any). The ground is so soft, the digging took no time at all. After that I headed back to the land and continued clearing. Around sunset, I started a little fire around one of the mesquite stumps. Our pyromaniac of a cow quickly showed up and proceeded to stare for an unnervingly long time.


I think I even saw him start to drool. Not sure what that meant. After letting that burn down, I went in for dinner and hit the sack pretty early. Today I got a later start. A cold front came in last night and brought some rain, so it's pretty sloppy right now but the sun is coming out. Jenna should be heading out later today, and will be staying tonight. This is going to be a good week.

No comments: